Here are some game development resources for you. Always make sure to check the licence!
- OpenGameArt.org - open collection of artwork for games. You can find sprites, models and sounds here.
- CgTextures.com - huge collection of freely available high quality textures. Download limit for free accounts.
- as3sfxr and bfxr - two sound effect synthesizers for retro style games.
- The Video Game Name Generator - in case you're stuck for ideas.
- ludumdare tools list - a list of tools for game development.
Other game jams
We are not the only ones. Go check out these game jams as well, they are all awesome (not as awesome as BaconGameJam, but still... good).
More things we like.
- reddit - the awesome reddit community.
- BaconGameJam subreddit - the most awesome subreddit. Our game jam was founded here.
- gamedev subreddit - another great subreddit for all game developers.
- Arch Linux - a "lightweight and flexible Linux® distribution that tries to Keep It Simple"
- TIGSource - a community of independent game players and creators.